Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What a Ride

Penn of Denn

Bonza! (that's Australian for awesome2). I had to travel to New Brunswick for meetings this week and as is my custom, I was renting a car for the trip. When I got to the agency, there was a brand new convertible in the yard, so I asked if they would give me a free upgrade. And they did! Bonza! I love convertibles more than I love ice cream, and I really love ice cream.

So here I am driving to New Brunswick, it's 25 degrees out, the roof is down, I have "The Boss" blaring over the stereo and I'm thinking, "it don't get better than this." It was then that I realized that I hadn't done anything to deserve it. It truly was an issue of grace, but if I hadn't asked, it probably wouldn't have happened. And then I realized that my entrance into heaven was going to be same thing. I couldn't have done enough to earn it, but I did have to ask to make it happen. And convertibles are fun for awhile, but heaven is eternal. And to get the upgrade, all you have to do is ask. Have a great week and remember: To see what is really possible, you will have to attempt the impossible.

No comments: