Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Look Behind You


Penn of Denn
Did you hear the one about the man who was hit by the airplane, while he was jogging? True story. Robert Jones, of Georgia, was jogging along a beach in South Carolina, with his headphones on, when he was struck from behind and killed by a small aircraft, making an emergency landing.
Seriously, you have to think about things like that, and that is why I don't jog. I don't know how many times I've thought, "I should go for a run." And then I think, "No, what happens if you get hit from behind by an airplane, that is making an emergency landing?" Better safe than sorry, that's my motto.
The story is a reminder of just how short and fragile life can be. I'm sure that when Jones went for his jog, that morning, that his death was the last thing on his mind. He was probably planning on returning home after his business trip, to be there for his daughter's third birthday. But that wasn't how the story ended. We all make plans for tomorrow, maybe even including beginning a relationship with God, but what if there is no tomorrow? Have a great week and remember: To see what is really possible, you will have to attempt the impossible.


 


 


 

    

No comments: