Thursday, March 15, 2012

Please Play Again


Well, it’s that time of year again.  The time of year that Canadians from coast to coast look forward to with wonder and longing.  No not spring, that’s right it’s time for, a drum roll please, r-r-r-roll up the r-r-rim.
All over our fair country, Canadians are finishing their coffee and with baited breath rolling up the rim of their cups, to see if they are the newest winner of a car, a camera or a donut.  And I’ve been doing all right this year because I have won not one but four. . . coffees. 
But it took a while, after my fourth or fifth “Please Play Again” of the season, I was thinking, “I don’t have any luck at all.” 
Suddenly I realized that I had just spent more money on a cup of coffee than most of the world would spend on food for the day. I live in a beautiful home, have a wonderful family, pastor a great church and I was cursing my luck.
But isn’t that really human nature?  So maybe now, before I roll up a rim, I will try to remember how lucky I am, whether I win a coffee, a car or a “Play Again.”   Have a great week and remember: To see what is really possible, you will have to attempt the impossible.

No comments: