Thursday, July 4, 2013

No Excuse.

I received a certificate in the mail the other day from Canada Blood Services recognizing the fact that I have made fifty donations.  And it made me feel a little bad.  I’ve been donating blood since high school but I’ve only made fifty donations?  It probably should be a hundred and fifty donations. I don’t intentionally miss the clinics, but it doesn’t seem to be a priority. It wasn’t always that way, I remember when I first became a donor, I counted the days until I could give blood. And talk about being vocal! I wanted everyone to know that I was a blood donor, and I tried my darndest to convince other people that they should be blood donors too. I knew all the statistics and could answer all the objections. But gradually my priorities changed. I still believed that donating blood was important but I didn’t talk about it as much as I used to.
It wasn’t long after I stopped talking about it that I found getting out to the clinic sometimes conflicted with other things I had planned.  Pretty soon it wasn’t that giving blood became a lower priority it just wasn’t a priority at all.

I wonder what other commitments in our lives suffer the same fate?  Have a great week and remember: To see what is really possible, you will have to attempt the impossible.   

No comments: