Thursday, July 3, 2014

Three guys, Patty Mick and Shaun. . .



You know I have never met a terrorist. Never.  And you would think I would have, considering how many Muslims there are in our community.  Unless, not all Muslims are terrorists.  As a matter of fact all of the Muslims that I've met are pretty decent folks who love Canada and they seem genuinely friendly. Not a terrorist in the bunch.  So maybe the vast majority of Muslims are just regular people like we are. Notice I used the word regular as opposed to normal.
The more I thought about it, the more I realized there are a lot of kooks out there who call themselves Christians who certainly aren't representative of our faith. At least I sure hope they aren’t.  And come to think of it, the terrorists that I heard about when I was growing up weren't named Abdul. Instead they had names like Mick and Patty and they didn't come from Baghdad, they came from Belfast, And while they were killing people in the name of their god, his name wasn't Allah.
Let's never forget that Jesus died for everyone. And let us never lose sight of the fact that Muslims need Jesus, just like Catholics, Baptist and Wesleyans do. Have a great week and remember: To see what is really possible, you will have to attempt the impossible.  

No comments: