Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving



So, how was your Thanksgiving?  We had a full house this year. Deborah and Stefan and the three girls were here along with our son Stephen.    We did the traditional feast on Monday and will eat leftovers for a good part of the week.  Thanksgiving was good, and we had a riot with the grandkids.  But it was a busy weekend, with conducting a funeral on Friday, dealing with a car accident on Saturday, three services on Sunday, including dedicating our youngest grand-daughter and the feast on Monday.
In the rush I wonder how much time I really had for giving thanks.  And I have much to be thankful for, especially as I look around at the rest of the world, and I don’t just mean material blessings.  I love my wife and I love my life and there’s a lot to be said in that statement.   Often though I take those things for granted, or worse, take them as my due.    
I’m not going to make promises about how next Thanksgiving weekend will be less rushed because it won’t be.  But I am going to try really hard through the year to say “thank you” more to my family, my friends and my God.   Have a great week and remember: To see what is really possible, you will have to attempt the impossible.

No comments: