Thursday, February 12, 2015

Ouch



Recently I heard about a four year old boy in Ontario who suffered frost bite on his tongue when he licked the frozen window on his school bus. Ouch.  When I was a kid there was always the story about the kid who got stuck to a sign post in the winter when they licked the frozen surface.  I don’t know if it actually happened or not but it certainly served as a warning, I never felt the urge to lick a metal sign post in the winter, and just to be safe I never licked a metal sign post in the summer either. 
I felt bad for the little fellow, he obviously had never heard the same stories that I had heard.  But I was amazed that the boy’s parents demanded to know why their son wasn't better supervised on the school bus.  Seriously, do we need a monitor for every child who rides school buses in the winter? Maybe parents just need to remind their children about the dangers of licking cold metal.  But there will always be one kid who has to try for themselves. 

And even though God gives us all kinds of warnings in the Bible, sometimes people just have to try it for themselves.
Have a great week and remember: To see what is really possible, you will have to attempt the impossible.

No comments: