Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I hear singing!



So, the other day I was strolling through Walmart when I heard it.  At first I thought I had just imagined what they were singing about, but when I stopped and paid closer attention I confirmed that was what they were singing.  And nobody seemed outraged, as a matter of fact I don’t think anyone other than me even noticed, but I did. 
They were singing about angels and virgins and God sending a Saviour.  And nobody so much batted an eye or raised an eyebrow about what they were listening to.  It was almost as if I was the only one who could hear the words.

Now I would suspect if they had of been playing hymns or praise music at Walmart it wouldn’t have been long before someone complained, but people seem to give a pass to Christmas music.  And I’m not sure if it’s because after years of hearing it that people have become immune to the words or if the message is simply considered harmless.

But regardless, when I hear the birth of Jesus being sung about, between songs of snowmen and Santa, I will celebrate and whisper a prayer that a heart will be touched and an eternity will be changed.   Have a great week and remember: To see what is really possible, you will have to attempt the impossible.  

No comments: