Thursday, March 17, 2016

May the Choice be with you



It was good to see old friends again, if only for a couple of hours.  This week Angela and I finally got around to seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens.  And we enjoyed the familiar faces, although through the years the characters kept getting mixed up. Sometimes I thought I saw Indiana Jones instead of Hans Solo and Jesus instead of Lor San Tekka, but that’s just me. 

A few things did jump out to me about the movie.  I wondered how much Mark Hamill got paid for his role? I think I could have done it.  After all I had the same bathrobe when I was in high school.  I wondered if George Lucas has father issues?  I thought Chewie aged remarkably well and Angela wondered if he coloured his fur.  And I realized that in the end, the entire story has very little to do with the power of the force and a great deal to do with the power of personal choice and decisions that are made.

Characters made good choices and bad choices, not because they had to but because they decided to.  And that is where Star Wars is like life. Ultimately each of us will decide for ourselves if we will embrace the dark side or the light side   Have a great week and remember: To see what is really possible, you will have to attempt the impossible.













No comments: