Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Let the Sun Shine

Well, Cornerstone is producing electricity.  Our 11 KW array is now connected to the “grid” and any excess power that is produced in the run of a day is sold back to Nova Scotia Power.  And that is cool and confusing. 

I kind of understand how power is generated, in particular from turbines, you know: something that turns and creates electricity, we were taught about that in Jr High science class.  And there are all kinds of ways to make those turbines turn using hydro, wind or steam.  But solar modules don’t spin, they just take sunshine and turn it into electricity.  I don’t understand it and can’t explain, I asked Mr. Google and I still don’t understand it and still can’t explain it, but that doesn’t make it any less real.  Regardless of my understanding or lack of understanding, in a week our array produced almost a half a million watts of electricity.

There are things about my relationship with God and my walk as a Christian that I don’t understand and can’t explain but that doesn’t make them any less real.  It just proves the Bible’s definition of faith in Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.   Kind of like solar energy.

Have a great week and remember: To see what is really possible, you will have to attempt the impossible.

No comments: